Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Fastnachts and Library work

Hello,

Leroy and I had fastnachts on Sunday with the church staff invited. I think Leroy was disappointed that so few could come. It was to annual meeting after church so it was a very full day. I, and my introverted self, felt quite comfortable with the smaller group. It is so much nicer for me to have a small gathering where I can spend some more time with someone. We also only had to make one batch of the recipe and that is good too. It all came out just about right. I do not make these donuts very large and I am always a little surprised at how many can be eaten. It is quite different from any donuts that can be purchased. Maybe that is the draw.


Yesterday I worked at the library, but before I got there I did some library work. Granddaughter, Olivia in Utah called me with a plea for some library help. She needed to do a report on George Herbert Walker Bush and was unable to find any books in her library relating to this subject. I thought there will surely be several books on him even if not so many in the children’s area. I questioned her about what she was seeing on her screen as she did her search. We did not get anywhere with that tack. I then told her that I would log into their library’s web site. I thought it is a county system. When I asked Olivia how she finds the web site, she said, “It just comes up.”

Well I had to do a little more searching for it, but felt sure I had the proper place when I saw the name of her branch flash past. I then did a search on Bush. It was not quite as seamless as it might have been, but I worked past any Bushes that did not apply. I will have to confess that I do not know which George Bush is which with their middle names. I just refer to them as the older or younger or the father or son. Luckily Olivia knew the proper name. In the end I was pleased to find five books for younger patrons. Great that I can do library work long distance. What an assist all of this technology can be.


Paula

No comments: