Saturday, February 7, 2015

New Things

Hello,

It is almost an old thing, but Leroy’s head is still not happy. Just a few days ago I learned he was dealing with a lot of dusty, I could have said dirty, books. At least one day he did not wear a mask and it was much worse. Yesterday he came home significantly better because he said he did not handle any of those items. He is moving things around in the back room because they are getting about 20,000 books or items from storage and they have to find space for them. I suspect that means more dust coming in, maybe storage in boxes will stop that.

Today was the first day off Leroy has had in a while and he was moving slower enjoying no pressure when I realized that if we did not mail the birthday card to a granddaughter she would not get it for her birthday. We then sped up a little to get to post office in time to pay the extra postage for the odd size envelope.

The car did not want to start as easily as it should have so I stayed out in the car and moved the floor mat wondering if it were too much under the clutch. It still was a little hesitant to start. We had just gotten a new battery so now Leroy thinks it might be time for a tune up. As he says those cars demand attention with feeding or tweaking. I happened to put my hand down between the front seat and the door only to feel my lost phone. Yeah, now I can get the names off and give it away to the women’s shelter where they use old cell phones.

Thursday when I came home from work there was a rather loud noise as I was pulling into the garage. I stopped immediately thinking I might have hit the side of the garage without realizing it. I then noticed that I was in my usual middle path. I drove into the garage, got out of the car, walked back around, and saw a piece of the car lying on the ground. It was a not so very big triangular plastic chunk that was about a foot long. It had come from the front bumper. Oh dear, now the car is literally falling apart! Later I thought about my parking job in the morning. Hoping to be out of the traffic lane, I snuggled up to the snow pile at the side of the street and scraped the car against. I suspect with the cold negative temperature, the snow was rock solid and damaged it some. It was not until I drove home that I jiggled it a good bit of the way on the bumpy road when it finally disconnected. We are discussing what to do about it. I had hoped to get at least one more year out of this car maybe even two. We will see. Do you think duck tape will work?


Paula

No comments: