Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Car is fixed

Hello,

The car was fixed yesterday. It starts just as I remember it doing. We will put off buying a different car. Although I told Leroy, “I am almost sorry as I was pointing my face in a new direction.”

He agreed he was also thinking of new possibilities. We will wait on that. At least now we are not so pressured to get one immediately. We can make a more leisurely decision. The difficulty starting had something to do with the fuel going some other place than where it was needed. They also found a tie rod, whatever that is, that was almost to the point of unsafe. I can now drive confident that the car will get from point A to point B. How is that for a good thing?

Leroy and I are grateful that we had the money to make these repairs when I know for some people it would have been a much more serious issue. I saw on FB someone’s comment about a furnace wearing out and the cost of repair or replacement. They were complaining. I think sometimes we forget that our money is to be used generously for others and ourselves. It is to keep things running and life functioning. Faced with the possibilities of spending on luxuries we forget that money does indeed work for us on a more practical level. Perhaps somewhere in our mind we have the idea that things will never break down or need replacement. We just want to spend on the new and exciting.

When it was so cold yesterday I was grateful to walk into a warm house. What a wonderful thing this indoor heat is, allowing us to momentarily forget about any inconvenience of working at survival. Instead I can turn on the computer and write to you or read a book or contemplate my navel in comfort. Actually do you know why Leroy’s navel collects lint and mine does not?


Paula

No comments: