Sunday, February 1, 2015

Shoveling equals health?

Hello,

The snow started last night before we went to bed. As is our habit we got up early to shovel. It was such a nice temperature however that made the snow quite heavy. It was possibly about four inches. At any rate we did a good width at first and narrowed to a path at the end as tiredness set in.

Leroy announced that he would not be going to church as he was too worn out. He asked, “Will you drive or walk?”

I was surprised by the question as we seldom drive. I did walk and by that time my tracks had been covered by the new snow. The temperature must have been dropping and the wind for sure had come up because by the time I got there I was happy to get in the building. Because of walking through some deep stuff, I was barely on time for church or was it because I did not have Leroy to race after?

There was a slim crowd, but still a good corporate worship experience. As I was thinking of leaving a woman told me that she could take me about half way home if I would like that. She is quite a bit older than I am. I was impressed that she braved the weather to come to church. I did accept the ride and helped her clean off her car. The streets did not seem that bad for driving. I had walked some on the sidewalk and some on the street, which ever seemed easier.

When I got back home I could barely see my footsteps. I started to shovel a bit more, but did not last too long as it was still quite heavy. I thought more colder temps might help  provide lighter snow for me.

After lunch Leroy when back out to shovel some more. I went out when I have finished washing dishes. I was quite surprised to see that once again my footsteps were just a faint impression.

Later Leroy and I went out to shovel by the garage. After that exertion which was quite deep, Leroy declares, “I think I am better now.”

I guess all he needed was a bit of work to move things around in that body of his.


Paula

No comments: