Monday, February 2, 2015

Beautiful Snow

Hello,

Leroy went out early to shovel the last snow off the sidewalk before people tracked it down. I lay in bed a little longer grumbling because I had woken up at 4:00 and not fallen right back to sleep. After that self righteous session I got up and tackled the area between the alley and the garage where the snow plow had gone by in the night. It was a tremendous lifting job to hold onto the packed snow and get it up high enough on the pile to be to the side. I should lift weights more often. It is so satisfying to see the clear expanse growing and the snow pile diminish where we want to drive.

Yesterday I was almost wishing for a snow blower, but not today. Each day is a new day. Mid morning I went out with the scoop shovel. That is the scoop shovel that my daddy had given Leroy. So I thought of my father and growing up on the farm. Shovels can spark memories.  With that shovel I dug paths across the lawn for the mail carrier. My neighbor on one side was out and he met me half way. It created an expansive feeling in me to do this cooperative good deed. It is so beautiful outside now. I am not sure why we have to have such disruption to our lives to create it, but I am grateful for my eyes that can see it.

I got on a web site where I could figure out how to put my new phone on vibrate. It is in a slightly different place than my last phone. Now, if I can just remember that when I want to use it, I will be impressed with myself. I also set up my voice mail. Another goal was to add more phone numbers to my contacts, but I am not sure that I will get that done before I leave for work. I thought I would allow a little extra driving time because the Ely blacktop is often not a fun road after a storm.

I am looking forward to working again as I have been absent for a week. How did they survive without me?


Paula

No comments: