Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Lost Squash

Hello,

The other day I was looking for the acorn squash that Brian had given me when we visited. I looked in the most obvious places in the kitchen then I started digging deeper and looked in more esoteric places after that the search was on to almost impossible places. At least my kitchen is not extra large consequently this did not take so very long. Later I went through the process once more in case I had simply over looked this green critter. How could I not remember what I had done with it?

The next mental lapse leaped strongly in my mind. He had given me three things. One was a turnip that we had eaten and enjoyed. The second was the unfindable squash and the third was a total mystery. Why could I not remember that item even though I clearly remember that there were three things?

A third check of the kitchen still did not reveal the two lost souls. After that I started looking in the places where I secret my canning jars because there is not enough room in the kitchen. No luck!

When Leroy came home I put him on the search. He too was unable to find them in the kitchen nor could he remember the other item. Sometime later he was in the living room and exclaimed, “Your squash in here!”

On the coffee table, I had made this artful arrangement in a basket including the small pumpkin, oh it was a pumpkin, and colorful corn. Somehow I guess it was now art and not food, hence I could not see it. Perception does make a difference!

I was happy to learn that my mind is almost intact.


Paula

No comments: