Monday, October 27, 2014

Home is Great

Hello,

I was happy to walk in the door at home. It was a treat to find a note from Leroy informing me that he had hidden ten compliments around the apartment. So far I have found seven of them leaving delights for other days. Each was a lift of the spirits. It was a wonderful greeting, especially because he could not be here in person.

When I called Leroy to let him know that I had made it in the door, he told me, “That is a bright spot in my day.”

“Oh?” I asked.

“My bike was stolen this morning,” he lamented, “while I was at the church. Someone came and cut the lock.”

He lost not only his bike, but a front bag, back bag, small tool set, spare tire, back rack, headlight, and taillight. At least those are the things that we have talked about. He was sad indeed. Leroy did turn this information into the police.

His boss at the museum was quite upset and he immediately started looking on line for some replacement possibilities and found a couple that look promising. Also a member of the congregation has an old, old bike that Leroy can use in the meantime. Rather Leroy tells me he will have to do about a week’s worth of work on it before he can use it. He will use my bike some, but he does not like to because it is a bit small for him.  He also learned that he can put his bike inside when he is at the church. Somehow I think no one would be interested in stealing my bike given the nature of it.


Paula

No comments: