Thursday, October 9, 2014

This and That

Hello,

Leroy is getting better. He even worked all day today, and it was a long day for the first one back. He left early in the morning and did not return until about 6:00 pm. On his return he was unfortunately livelier than I am now. I have been dragging some today, but the sore throat that I had last night is gone. Surely I will be fine for traveling on Sunday. I figure that I will fake wellness if I have to get on that plane. At least I am not coming from a different country.

The other day at work my co-worker was standing talking before she left work an hour ahead of me and closing time. There was a small boy standing by the desk sobbing. After a bit he moved over to the chair by the door and put his face down crying even harder. He was with his mom and his sister. I assumed that his mother had stopped him from doing something. However at that point his mother said, “He is afraid that you are all going to leave and we will be left in here alone.”

I smiled, but did not laugh as I told him that I was staying until 8:00 and that would give him more time to find what he would like to take home.

Today for the first time in months my desk was empty of work and I was not sure what to do next. My boss and I discussed some possibilities then she said, “We are getting a book order this afternoon so you will have more to do. The sad thing was that the order came just 40 minutes before the end of my day. I was able to unpack the books, check the invoice and catalogue about ten books. I worked first on the ones that were on hold. I am a bit sorry to leave the rest on my desk for the next two weeks.

Life is full of interesting timing.


Paula

No comments: