Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Life Goes On

Hello,

I had been afraid that I would step on the “clutch” when driving the automatic car in Utah. For those of you who are not into any of this that means that you might slam on the brakes because you use both feet on it. That did not happen. What has happened is that I have not been able to start the car here because I did not put in the clutch twice when turning the key. I do have to confess that I did not put the UT car in park two times when turning off the car, but I did remember before leaving it. Habits are strong.

Leroy worked on the one old bike that he was given. He got it to move and the brakes to work as well as air in the tires. Unfortunately he then knew that it was much too small. Because the owner of that bike does not want it back Leroy will put it out at the curb with a free sign.

Friends loaded another bike that only needed air in the tires. It was a closer fit. Leroy rode it to work yesterday, but told me that his knees hurt before he got there. So we will return that bike. Today he rode my bike which is not the greatest fit either, but he has managed with it before. I will hear about how it felt when he gets home.

Today I went to the dentist and got my teeth cleaned. It is great to have all the extra stuff scraped off. I do not know why, but my teeth seem to stain quite a bit in recent years. I even decided to go back before six months are up just so I can look better. Perhaps I need to stop drinking green tea. No fair, it does not bother Leroy.

On a side note, I do not know how long it has been since I dusted. It must be done soon or we will be coated.


Paula

No comments: