Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Parents will be home tomorrow

Hello,

Miriam and Andy are on the plane. Andy gave up his first class upgrade for her. Miriam was hoping he would do that. Because their tickets were not connected they cannot both enjoy the luxury of lying down and sleeping for some of this 15 hour flight. They will arrive in SLC mid-morning tomorrow. Isn’t it amazing that we can do this sort of thing when our ancestors took a week to travel maybe a hundred miles.

I decided I should do some more serious cleaning before they arrive. Isn’t that the way? To let some of the mess go until it will be seen by others. I have been sweeping the kitchen every couple days, but decided to include the hall, laundry room and half bath. There was a bit of dirt to be picked up. I also vacuumed the girls’ bedrooms since they picked them up for me last night. It looks quite a lot better.

I forgot to mention something I learned. There is a sunken living room here. One of the first days I stepped off and jarred to a stop a few inches below the expectation. I have not done that since so I must have learned.

I watered the flowers in front of the house because it had not rained since I have been here. It just rained a while ago, but I am not sure that it was enough to water anything.

I have read two books since I have been here. That does not happen often for me. I love to read, but seem to spend little time at it. I also watched three movies as well as part of a TV series. That is also a rare happening for me to watch so much on the screen. I am enjoying the series called “No job for a lady”. It is British. I do not pay much attention to politics here and even less there. Some of the illusions go right past me. There is laughter, but I do not know why. Some of that could be cultural differences. Other points are quite clear.


Paula

No comments: