Tuesday, September 30, 2014

From Job to Job

Hello,

I am always astonished at how some simple job evolves into major portions. Today, after Tia Chi, I brought home two plants from the library. These plants were begging for a new pot home. I was supplied with one pot and I knew I had potting soil plus other pots to choose from, hopefully some might fit.

Lunch and dishes came first on my agenda, but that was not really a problem. I spotted some new garden gloves we had purchased, clearance prices now, so I must have them. I stopped to cut off the plastic holding them together and took them with me. From there I moved to looking at my pot supply. I could not see all of them as the shelf is about my head level. My bike had to be moved out of the way creating easier access. At that point the disarray on the shelf convinced me that I must take off everything and organize it. Once things were off, the shelf needed to be cleaned. With all pots off I selected the best, hauled out the potting soil and proceeded to get the plants in pots. From there I needed to put back things on the potting shelf wondering about the fact that we have been here so long that cleaning was even a thought. In March we will have lived here three years. That is rather long for us.

After the plants were in the pots I knew that I should sweep off the sidewalk because there was some spilled soil on it along with many leaves and some walnuts. Course before the sidewalk the deck needed to be swept. While sweeping the deck I found that the squirrel, or some other digger, had been breaking off coleus branches. To rescue the coleus I had to go to the attic looking for a possible vase or holder. On the attic steps some dust or debris needed to be swept up. After getting the coleus settled I went back to sweeping outside and realized that the other porch needed some attention as well.

In the beginning all that was planned was to plant two plants.


Paula

No comments: