Friday, September 12, 2014

Rainy and Cool

Hello,

It has been rainy and cool. Feels like fall. I like fall, but I lean towards the crisp sunny days. However rain is certainly welcome as it had been a bit dry.

I hung out the dishtowel laundry load only to bring it in about ten minutes later. The plus is that it started to rain before I went shopping so it did not get totally wet again. I am also grateful for the clothes rack that had been my mother’s. It is nothing fancy, but quite functional. I have used it a lot since we have been in this apartment. Before that I also used it, but not as consistently. I am also still using my mother’s old ironing board. She did not use this, but gave it to me when I left home. It is not adjustable, but works fine for the little ironing that Leroy or I do.

Leroy actually spent the afternoon at home. But we walked to the store so he could get a flu shot and we bought some few items. I will get a flu shot, but will wait a while since I believe that I got mine in January or maybe even later last year. It is good for a while, but this year’s shot has new strains that it will protect against so I will get it do not worry.

I had some tomatoes at the house and wanted to can them with more. We made a trip to the garden, but could only find the small varieties that were ripe, consequently we did not can very many only four quart jars full. I did make up my own mix of celery, onions, and basil from the garden that I added when I pureed the tomatoes. Because of those additions I did pressure cook it rather than just a water bath. I hope we like it. If not, I will have to figure out something to make it palatable. Good thing Leroy is so easy to feed. I just put it in front of him and he eats it. Sometimes he even enjoys it.


Paula

No comments: