Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Fall

Hello,

Fall must be coming because there are some clues around. First, the sun has not been hanging around so long. It is even a bit dark when we wake in the morning. Leroy tells me that I was snoring this morning, but I think it must have been someone else as I do not do anything as common as snore. “Was I sleeping on my back?” I wanted to know.

He had not checked, but just let me sleep. I thought I never slept on my back.

In the evening I drive home in the dark after work. That is fine, but I liked it better when I could see farther ahead.

The second clue is that there are more spiders, both in my house and around it. I even saw a web on the corner of the window inside the house. I got rid of the little web, but did not see a spider so I suppose the web will appear once more. Then there is the larger spider that is on the inside of the screen of the bedroom window. I only open that window for brief periods hopefully not giving that spider access to the house.

There are webs on the outside back steps all of the time now. That does not bother me so much but it looks like no one lives here, except  spiders. Sticks help me get rid of those webs, but they reappear almost instantly.

Third, there are walnuts falling on the garage roof or on the car parked out there. The noise in a stiff wind can be quite attention getting. In the quieter times I hear the squirrels chewing on walnuts. They have some sturdy teeth.


Paula

No comments: