Sunday, August 31, 2014

a day out

Hello,

Leroy did not have to work today. We went to church, bought the paper, read a little bit before we ate, and discussed going to a county park to the north of us. A young friend called us and I invited him to come with us. There is a tower in the park that we dutifully climbed in the heat. I would guess that it had 90 steps because that sounds like a lot. Leroy just kept on climbing, but Ted and I went a little slower and had to rest a bit before reaching the top.

I was happy that I had brought water and a small snack. Otherwise we would have been a bit more stressed from our later hikes and that climb. It is a nice park and Leroy and I are thinking of going back in the fall or maybe even the winter when the leaves are off the trees so we can see into the woods around that tower. It did not offer such a panoramic view as I was expecting because of the density of the forest coverage. I will count the steps so I can brag/complain about them.

Leroy forged ahead on all hills and kept up a brutal pace while I lagged along at the tail end with Ted between us. For 65 years Leroy does a good job of keeping strong. Ted remembered when he visited us in Slovakia and he found it daunting to be walking around town with us. Somehow I have lost that edge. I will have to do some more determined walking to get back in shape.

Leroy did take a nap this evening and I have been awake the entire time so I am not a total wimp, but I do know that I am tired. One temperature that we saw listed 90. No wonder we were sweating. Even though it was hot, I did not feel that it was that high, however, I was grateful for every breeze that we felt.


Paula

No comments: