Monday, August 4, 2014

Leroy's Day Off

Hello,

Leroy is taking a full day off. It has been a while since that has happened. He went out promptly and cleaned up his bike, guess he has run through too many puddles. Then he moved on to painting the edge of the kitchen table. A snack was next on the list and now he is reading. Reading tops the list of his favorite pastimes. I like to read, but somehow I have a harder time getting to do it. I seem to be talented at thinking of little tasks. My books tend to take more thought as I read where Leroy zips along or maybe he thinks faster than I do even though he talks slower.

I will go to work at noon. It is nice when Leroy is home because he can do the dishes and I do not have to get that done before I leave. We do not have a dishwasher here so all is done by hand. I am fine without a dishwasher, but for some reason Leroy and I are both not as meticulous as we once were. Is old age setting in?

I came across an 8x10 picture of my mother that was perhaps taken when she was thirty. I have it up on the table in the computer room and enjoy looking at it. I certainly never saw her when she looked so young. She was 34 when I was born. I always thought my parents were old, but I no longer think that. My mother’s mother’s picture is on the same table as well as two of my granddaughters. Seems like a lot of generations in a small space as I fill in the gap.


Paula

No comments: