Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Visiting my sister

Hello,

On Friday and Saturday my brother and I went to visit our sister. I had not seen my brother for two years. I guess when you grow up with someone; you always have that shared background to relate to. I was quite surprised at how quickly the time passed in the car. We spent about five hours locked in this vehicle one way and then five hours back again.

The hardest part was that we both drove through thick fog to get to our meeting placde. Fog that was dense enough that once when I was going through a small town, I did not slow down so much and the semi behind me flicked his lights at me. I looked around and realized that it was a village. Later he passed me and I thought I would keep up with him as it showed me the road as I followed his tail lights, but I lost him after about 15-20 minutes.

I was so grateful when the fog lifted and I could see the road rather than guess at its nuances.

My sister sat up some and talked or listened quite a lot. She even got out of the house a couple times.

Yesterday she went into the hospital because of a high fever and swelling, a sore throat, and generally finding it hard to move.

She will be in the hospital for a couple days at least as they do not know what is causing this.

I am grateful that my brother and I made this visit.


Paula

No comments: