Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Two Days Off

Hello,

It is great to have two days off in a row. I like the feeling of time stretching ahead of me. Today I still have some of that to do list from yesterday and I have added to it, but it is not controlling me.

The temperature might control me and my plans a little as well as the rain. I did wash a load of rags today and hung them out hoping that there will be a long enough dry time to finish the job.

In the meantime I have picked some of the tomatoes around the house. For some reason they are splitting and bugs are moving into the split.  I have cut those bugs out and put the rest of the tomato in the frig. It was also a good time to freeze a little Swiss chard.

Leroy and I are thinking about the possibility of getting a small freezer because we have so many things that we would like to put in such a space. The problem is that we do not have a lot of space here in our rooms for such a device. We would put it in the garage as do a couple of our children, but our garage does not have much extra territory. As it is we are filling our little refrigerator freezer to the max. I have canned green beans and a few tomatoes. There will not be so many more tomatoes to can because the tomatoes in the community garden are mostly small and it is difficult to get enough at one time.

One of the neighbors commented that he liked having the small tomatoes because then everyone gets a share. Last year we wondered if someone were even selling them because so many of the large ones went out of the garden.

Life is just some of this and a little of that. I am not buying vegetables and that is great. I am happy that we can get so many vegetables. Others are getting quite a few too and that is good. Enough for all!


Paula

No comments: