Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Canning

Hello,

Tomatoes are canned! I invited a woman to come see it. I had met her in the garden and she wanted to see how canning is done.  Course I shared some of the product with her. I had thought to use the pressure cooker rather than the canner, but could not find enough good jars. Later I found a whole box of them. I think Leroy must be losing his mind. He had found them about a week or two ago, but when I asked him about them today, he could not put his hands on them. And I think he has the best memory in the house.

I was happy to spend some quality visiting time with my neighbor. We connect in several places in our thoughts and actions. She has lived here just a few years so it was nice to learn about backgrounds.

I also washed and hung out three loads of clothes. It was a great drying day. Because I was busy with other things, I did not check on them until they were ready to bring in. That was nice.

On a sad note I learned that my neighbor across the street had a grandson die. Since this guy is 80, I think the grandson could have been an adult. But it is still sad and hard to deal with that loss.

I will have to go pick some greens from my front yard garden to make a meal for supper. I like that idea of going out the door and finding food to eat. I wondered if people would disturb our garden, but it has been left entirely alone. There are good people everywhere.  I have been fortunate to find them all of the time. Is that because I am expecting them to appear? Maybe!


Paula

No comments: