Sunday, June 29, 2014

Thinking of the Future

Hello,

Living in the present moment is sometimes easier said than done. I find my mind turning more and more towards our trip to Utah and seeing all of the family together once again. It has been three years and that is long enough for me. I wonder if these cousins who see so little of each other can manage to even get along since they do not really know each other. Kids are looking forward to it to so hopefully they will figure it all out. I suppose the flip side is if they do not get along they do not have to spend much time together.

I am thinking about packing and have been gathering a stash of things that I must take with me. They are piled up on my dresser reminding me about the expected trip. As always I try to take only  necessary items because the only luggage I take is my carry on and a personal bag. Leroy does the same. When I come back I am coming back in the car with Miriam and the girls so again I would not want to have extra things that do not have a home in among their things.

I keep praying about God using me in the space that I am in. Lately I have been confronted, from a number of sources, about the inequality of our lives. How I am to do anything about that I cannot imagine. What is my future work? Where will we live when Leroy is done with his work here? What will we be doing then? Course I cannot see all of the answers, but I know they will come in their own good time. At least I hope I can see the answers and don’t miss them because I am focused on the future.

Now, I am ready to wash clothes tomorrow and pack on Tuesday because I leave so early Wednesday that I must be prepared to hop out of bed and get on a plane. Sometimes I am still astonished at how different my life is from 20 years ago, when I would not talk about hopping on a plane so casually.


Paula

No comments: