Monday, June 16, 2014

New Beginnings

Hello,

Life is so full of new beginnings. The date is now for the grant application for the Little Free Libraries. I do not have that grant together. I disliked telling the person from our neighborhood that I was not ready, but she made the comment that we could always try later as there are more times to apply. I feel the relief of a load lightened.

It seems like all of a sudden we are harvesting from the garden. We picked some broccoli along with a leaf that we cannot identify. It was a plant that was given to us and we did not write down the name. This person gave us several plants and the rest we can almost be sure of what they are. I thought maybe this was some type of kale that is not so crinkly, but Leroy thinks maybe it is collard. We decided to have some for supper last night and we are still here so it is edible. We also ate some broccoli from the community garden that had flowered. It was an interesting mixture of textures and flavors with some lambs quarters added. Water rinsed out a spicy mustard container and added to the mix. I am so grateful that Leroy will eat whatever is put in front of him. He generally even seems to like it. Once in a while I mention the fact that our parents would not believe the meals that we now consume. Certainly it is different from our childhood experience of eating.

There is the possibility of change and starting something new. I am impressed that I have sewed names on napkins. I am now down to just the last four names. It has been a test of my sewing skills and interest which are rather limited. The goal is not to follow an enjoyment of sewing, but of creating something to share with the family.


Paula

No comments: