Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Neighborhood Involvement

Hello,

This morning Leroy pronounced, “I think we are doing too much in the neighborhood. We are doing much in the garden (that is mostly Leroy), delivering monthly newsletters, and now you are working on a grant for little free libraries.”

Mostly I am not working on that grant because I do not know what to do; I am just getting anxious so it is sapping my energy and I complain once in a while. As I have aged and come to know myself better, I know I am not a leader, but a good second in command who also does a lot of physical work. If I could saw the wood, I would be happy to do that. Someone else could be in charge of the project, which would contribute to my happiness.

Leroy complained last night that he just did not feel like doing anything yesterday. I tried to console him by saying that maybe he needed a total day off. Somehow we do not seem to let ourselves just relax for a day. It seems not to be in our nature. Course now he has Mondays off and I work. We both have Wednesday off, but it is already scheduled with a list of “to do” including laundry. Before Leroy had this time off that was my laundry day. It is hard to get out of the rhythm.

Also tomorrow we will go early to the community garden to pick some edible weeds, called yellow something or other that a neighbor told Leroy about. We will pick some broccoli that has small heads, but ready to flower heads. Then there is the weed, lambs quarters that I will harvest. For some reason Leroy was the only one who showed up to work in the community garden last night. That helped to contribute to his down mood as the energy of others helps to prop us up.

Leroy is working at the museum today so hopefully he is inspired by the bee hive of activity there.

Paula

No comments: