Thursday, June 26, 2014

Cars that work

Hello,

Finally the ignition switch came in so we could get the recall work done on the newer car. I suspect it was not really in danger of stopping at some inopportune time since it is ten years old and we had replaced the switch earlier when it indeed would not start at random times. They also said we needed to clean the fuel injector. Leroy called our usual mechanic and it was much cheaper than the price they quoted so we got that done in the afternoon. Hopefully this car will run for a number of miles yet.

I have been driving the older car that is a 1999 to work. It seems logical that greater miles should go on the older car. The radio does not work in this car, but I can contemplate life was well as what traffic is doing. I had thought I might ride the bike to work some this summer, but I am not sure I will get that done as rain is a frequent occurrence. I just do not want to risk getting wet.

Leroy did ride my bike to work for about a week while his bike got a tune up. He could not tolerate my review mirror. I have put up with this piece of equipment for possibly four years, but one week is enough to get Leroy’s attention. Today he got a new mirror and installed it. After riding with this a little way, I wish I had done something sooner, but I did not know it could be done. I thought my handle bar would not support it.

Is that a male thing? Not putting up with an annoyance? Or is that just his personality and my personality? I certainly know that complaining about anything did not necessarily get any results in my family where as I think Leroy found that it made a difference. Leroy really does not complain a great deal either, actually many things that bother others do not bother him.


Paula 

No comments: