Friday, June 6, 2014

Anniversary

Hello,

Leroy and I celebrated our 43rd anniversary yesterday. Even though we did nothing special it was nice that we both remembered that it was the day. We had talked about going out, hence I suggested a park that we had not been to, however before that we spent a little time outdoors and the now infamous Iowa gnats attacked in such droves that we were encouraged to spend time inside. Forget the great outdoors even though the weather was inviting.

We each had books we wanted to read so that was what we tackled after finishing the movie, Captain Phillips. That movie elicited some serious discussions. I am certainly coming round to Leroy’s way of thinking that many situations in life are not black and white but full of gray murky zones that have more than one possible answer. Guess that is why I sometimes do not like to make decisions, then I am stuck with the action.

Today I asked Leroy to come shopping with me because on this trip I was going to get an eye exam and I had not had my eyes dilated in some time. Leroy was an asset to this trip because he decided to buy me a hanging basket of Mandeville for our anniversary. It looks quite nice in spite of the branch that broke as we put it in the car or else it broke when Leroy careened around a corner. Now if you can imagine Leroy careening around a corner you have good imaginations.

My eye exam went well. I apparently still have excellently healthy eyes. The only trouble is they do not see in the distance or close without help. Luckily I can get glasses and I have the money to pay for them. My right eye needed a bit more help for the distance and my left eye need less help. I wanted to keep my current frames as I feel so unsure when picking out a new pair. I learned that unlike the old days I could keep my glasses while the new lenses are made, they just took impressions. As usual I got the most expensive lens possible. Or seemed expensive, but I have to pay extra for nearsightedness as well as non glare and this time I got transition lens which are supposed to be quite superior to the former types. Since I have never had transition lens before, I will not be able to compare.

I also got new computer glasses. I did not get such special lens, but with the frames that the sales person declared so cute on me, it was almost $200. Then I decided that I could use two pair of computer glasses because it was in the hauling back and forth from work that I lost the last pair. Leroy is always open to my spending more money so he did not say no. I probably would faint if he said no to spending the money on me. My eyes should feel quite taken care of. Oh I also have the beginnings of cataracts, but not to be in need of surgery yet and probably not for some time.


Paula

No comments: