Friday, June 13, 2014

Ear Wax and Eyesight

Hello,

Leroy has ear wax. Several days ago Leroy asked if I would irrigate his ear. I did that with no success before he got tired or I got tired. That night we put the “stuff” that we had purchased in his ear. The next day we did nothing. The instructions were to put the drops in twice a day for four days, then irrigate. Again the second day we did nothing. Perhaps it was Monday when Leroy asked me to irrigate again resulting in a water flushed ear, but no wax emerging. That night he asked me to put the drops in once more. Then in the morning when we washed it out wax emerged. Leroy felt there was still wax in there. I noticed that his comment level increased into to complaining and a lack of hearing. Last night we irrigated before bed, put in drops, and pumped water again this morning with little result.  Leroy now thinks that maybe it is inside his ear because if he were to sneeze or hiccup there is a brief nanosecond of clarity. I do not know, but I am glad he is not in pain even though his grumpiness level has risen in tandem with the annoyance.

I am changing the subject now from ears to eyes and from Leroy to me. My new lens arrived yesterday. I am wearing them, now. They get dark outside, but not quite as quickly as I would like. I still feel that I have to squint, but perhaps that is a habit. I was not sure how much they helped in the car. According to the person who fit me, these are better than the older style of transition lens which did not darken so well in vehicles. I also got one pair of computer glasses. The second pair is coming just a bit later for some reason. The frames are much darker/black than I anticipated. I thought I could see color without my lens, but perhaps less than I realize. It is always such a risk choosing frames without my glasses to see myself in them. The good thing about all of this is that I see so well with the new lens I am grateful to live in a time and place where I can buy vision if not insight.

Paula 

No comments: