Monday, June 9, 2014

Sunday with Feelings

Hello,

Yesterday, Sunday, was the anniversary of the small church in Corydon, IA. Leroy served there from 2007-2010 as it is connected with the Chariton congregation.

The church was full and noisy when we arrived. It was so confirming to be hugged and greeted from many people. What a soothing touch to the soul to reconnect with others. We talked and talked as well as listened and listened. It was indeed a fulfilling time.

Leroy had some long gray chest hairs peeking out at the neck of his shirt. I tried a couple time to casually pull out the neck of his shirt to get them to retreat. I guess it did not look odd that I was grabbing at him in this way. It seemed to help temporarily, but it was not long before I noticed them again.

As we got in the car to go home, I said, “Something must be done about those hairs.”

Leroy could not believe it would be that noticeable, however when he looked in the mirror at home he said, “I am embarrassed. You must get rid of them. How will you do that?”

“Are you nervous?” I wanted to know as he must be thinking of me with scissors in hand attacking his chest.

He suggested I use the hair trimmers so that is what I started with. It was a struggle to know where to stop as Leroy is well supplied with hair on his body, just not on his head where he would like it to be. He is now groomed and neither of us is embarrassed for him to go out in public with a shirt open at the neck. Is this chore to be added to my barber regimen?


Paula

No comments: