Friday, June 27, 2014

Treasures in the ground

Hello,

Today Leroy and I went to weed in the Ely garden. We have not spent much time there, but the owner who is in his 90’s has some things planted, unfortunately the weeds have about taken over. It was so satisfying to weed when they pulled easily and they were so big that it made a noticeable difference almost right away. We only pulled those things out for an hour, but you could tell where we had been. The exciting thing was that we found big radishes hidden in the thicket. One of them was larger than a hen’s egg. Leroy thought it might have been as large as a turkey egg. I did not know because I do not know the size of a turkey egg. Somehow I suspect it measures between the two. Even Don who is in his 90’s told me he had never seen one so large. The nicest thing was that the top and the root cut off easily so I hope it is a good one. This was definitely the largest radish I have ever been close to. One would certainly make a good radish sandwich.

Leroy and I searched for a different treasure before that. We will be in Utah in a week and have a family picture taken with our children and grandchildren. The plan is for each family unit to have their own color t-shirt. That may sound simple, but Miriam has purchased shirts three times. This last time all were good, but the green chosen for Leroy and I was too outstanding. Course Leroy thinks that would be good since we are the stars of the group, however… Do you have any idea how hard it is to find shirts that are exactly alike for a male and a female? After five stores and not much luck, the only solution was to buy two men’s shirts. Miriam unfortunately was not crazy about the color that we had chosen, plus the small man’s was a bit large for me. So I guess she will try to order some for the two of us one more time. These pictures should be good with all of the pre effort that is going into them. I am excited about it because now even youngest, Natalie will be in the group picture.


Paula

No comments: