Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Warm and Dry


Hello,

Warm and dry with rain beating against the windows for much of the day. Who could ask for more? Well, maybe I could ask for a checkbook that would balance to the penny instead of the bank statement indicating that we have $20 more than I can account for. No mysterious deposits so it must be my numbers handling. Couldn’t be Leroy as he almost never makes mistakes plus I do most of the figuring in the checkbook. I seldom write checks but we still have electronic activity.

There was no discussion about Leroy riding the bike as we could see the rain coming down. He noted that it was to get worse during the day with the prime time to be as he was headed home.

I did walk to the Coe library to read the paper during a slight lull. I admit to being glad to get home. I was wearing sandals so my feet were cold and wet, but I figured it would be fine when I got home and took off the water type footwear.  I walked part of the way with one of the students. I was a bit surprised that she was so talkative. We agreed that we were both lucky to have umbrellas unlike many of the rest of her school mates. She is from Colorado so surely not used to so much rain, but she seemed to be handling it well.

Now the question will be, should Leroy and I walk to choir tonight or just give in and drive. If there were no wind I would vote for the walking, but I see the tree outside frequently swishing around. However I do not notice so much rain so maybe it is coming to a close.

I have bread baking and soon I will make some chili, vegetarian pumpkin. That is a new recipe. Will we like it? Who can say?

Paula

No comments: