Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Grateful


Hello,

How exciting that I am no longer held to the standards of a college student. I walked over to the college library to read the newspaper. During that trek in the steadily increasing rain I only counted three umbrellas besides mine. I even had on a rain coat complete with raised hood. I was soothingly dry under my shelter as the majority of them chose to move along with just a sweatshirt for protection. Most of the heads were bare with only their hair acting as a slight water repellent. Well the guy who held the library door open for me on the way in was almost my age so probably not a student. Only two student held umbrellas sighted. Although one never knows for sure as he could be a non-traditional student. How lovely to be dry and warm. Age does have certain advantages.

I am also glad that I had the fortitude to make that walk in spite of rain. The lack of wind made it much more comfortable than it might have been. Now I see the fir tree outside my window rocking back and forth. I would not go now.

Our landlords have once again offered any or the entire front yard for a garden if we would like. I am not ready to disturb the place. Leroy is not ready to tackle sod removal. From past experience he knows that can be a daunting task with just a shovel and a hoe. Besides we have our great possibility in Ely as well as the neighborhood gardens that are only about four blocks away. It seems we have gone from few possibilities to more than we need. When it rains it pours and all that.

Paula

No comments: