Monday, April 8, 2013

Cleaning


Hello,

Memory tells me that I used to be a bit more enthusiastic and direct about cleaning. Today, for instance, I thought I would dust everything. After just doing a few pieces I convinced myself to take a break and read a bit. After that I thought about putting my larger houseplants that never go outside into the shower and using the hand held unit to give at least one of them a good washing off. Then before I could get back to that dusting, I called my sister. With dusting far from my focus I went on to read email, checking in with Facebook at the same time. Then the pictures that I had just printed up caught my eye. Leroy had taken some to work, but I will not as I really do not have a place to put them. I divided some out to put on the refrigerator. The rest went on to the bulletin board in the computer room.

On line I signed up for a walking goal and thought that I must work on that before I headed off to work. It was so wonderful to be out in the warm sunshine. What a gift after coolness and overcast skies of the recent past. I was pleased to see so many green grass blades taking their rightful place in the sun. Some flowers are opening and adding to the festive air.


Soon I will have to get ready to go to work and the dust is still happily decorating my furniture. It will surely wait until I have the will to tackle it with fortitude. Today is just not the day for that.


Yesterday I looked out into the walnut tree and yelled, “Leroy you must come see this.”

When Leroy got there I pointed out the squirrel stretched out sleeping on the branch with its back feet dangling into the air as the front paws were up in front of his head. Such a languid looking squirrel! As I watched, its body took on more tension and the eyes popped open. “What happened?” I wondered.

Leroy said, “Our landlord just came out.”

Paula

No comments: