Friday, April 19, 2013

Bemoaning weather


Hello,

I did a little shopping today. The most frequent comment that I heard had to do with one of the most uncontrollable parts of life, the weather. Surely that is the ultimate example of something that we cannot change, but must adjust our attitude or perhaps our position by moving away from it. I even saw briefly some snow in the air. Of course that is nothing like the foot of snow on the ground by Brian’s house. He did not really complain except to talk about how hard it was to shovel it off the driveway. He also had some help from the snow blower. When Jen tried to go to the gym before work she got stuck in the drive. Somehow I think it was more like Iowa snow when he talked about how slippery it was.

Just two nights ago Leroy and I did walk to church. There was almost no mist in the air and the wind was truly a little breeze as we left the house. When we came home after choir it was another matter. The rain was coming in earnest and the wind was seriously blowing. Leroy had his big umbrella so he was not so very wet when we got home. I, however, had rain up most the length of the sleeve of my coat and my jeans were quite wet. The good thing was that we were going home and when we got there we could get out of those cold wet clothes and get in warm pjs.

It was not raining today, but I was again happy to get in the house when I came home from reading the paper at the library. At least that was only a half mile walk each way. Leroy rode the bike today and he tells me that the wind was a serious opponent when he was coming home. He even had to use some lower gears. He did not even complain about the cold, but that might be because he was working so hard to make progress that he warmed up under his winter coat.

Leroy is attending an electricity class to night hoping to master three way switches. He said, “I hope it is not a jolting experience.”

Paula

No comments: