Sunday, April 28, 2013

Outside Work


Hello,

Outside work restores my soul. Leroy and I have now planted some things in that garden we are using in Ely. We have put in some onions, potatoes, Romaine lettuce, beets, turnips, radishes, and hope. Hope for rain, sunshine, and satisfied critters who do not want to eat anything that we are growing.

We also took some time to ride bikes along the bike trail where it goes along Iowa’s only urban trout stream. “I would like to see some trout,” Leroy said. Maybe ten minutes later we saw a school of fish. Were they trout? We do not know since we did not get off our bikes and check out the situation more carefully. We will just assume that they were the right kind of fish.

After church, and before lunch, Leroy worked in the garage. Straightening a shelf, adjusting positions of clutter in the garage, and cleaning satisfied his soul. He also raked in the yard for a while. Just a bit ago he mentioned what a good day it has been.

I can tell that we have been in this place for more than a year. We now feel busier. Next Sunday we will go to Burlington to share in an anniversary celebration. The Saturday before that is the great Ely garage sale. I will attend hoping for that perfect treasure that has eluded me in my past ventures. Leroy is working so I will make decisions on my own.

The second Friday in May I will fly out to Salt Lake to help Miriam as she is starting graduate school. I will take Nora to and from preschool for a week. The next week Leroy will fly out to take up those duties.

The first Sunday I am gone Leroy will be preaching in church. He is both pleased and nervous about that as it has been a time since he has preached.

Paula

No comments: