Sunday, April 21, 2013

Computer wokr


Hello,

Leroy and I are preparing for an open house type exhibit of Slovak culture. It will be at the elementary school where I had worked years ago. It was easy to gather stuff. Then we wanted to have a slide show that loops. Leroy found a small presentation that we had done for another talk. However, we wanted to add some additional interesting photos to it. I found just the right pictures in a photo album that was the old fashioned printed type. Leroy started digging out the camera so he could take a picture and then download it to the computer. I paid little attention to what he was doing. Then he started getting disgusted because he could not find a part that holds the camera to the tripod. Stability is necessary. “Why don’t we just scan the pictures and move them to the other computer?” I wanted to know.

I have done the majority of the scanning so I did just that. We took a break to eat a meal. After that Leroy captured the pictures and put them on the other computer, but he took the pictures that were not cropped or straightened. I volunteered to just send my more perfect specimens to him. In that process I realized I could upload them to google+, however on the second computer I had a time finding them since I do not really use google+. At that point I decided to just email them to him. That worked. “I used to feel that I knew my way around the computer,” Leroy moaned.

“Is that because now about all you do on the computer is catalog,” I wondered, “consequently you have not acquired these new skills?

Perhaps it is because we have too many options. I realize now that I could have just scanned the photos to the laptop in the first place. However, Leroy has working on that computer and look at how much I learned. At least we could figure it all out.

Paula

No comments: