Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter Preparations


Hello,

Before Easter one of the girl patrons at the library asked me if I was prepared for Easter. “What does that mean?” I wanted to know.

It seemed it involved getting clothes, candy, and eggs.

“No, I am not prepared,” was all I could respond to that.

Even on the day of Easter I was still not prepared that way. When growing up I generally got a new dress for Easter. That was my church clothes until fall rolled around. At least there was not much energy going into the decision of “What should I wear to church?” as the choice was one thing.

Now I did not get any new clothes for Easter, but I had a closet full of options. Cool walking weather, warmth in the church from the additional worshippers, and style all played through my mind. I wore a raw silk shirtwaist topped off with a feather necklace. I am now old enough that my clothes are older than a number of people at church. In spite of that, I got a compliment on this look.

I did not buy any candy for Easter, but I got asparagus and sweet potatoes. Leroy and I both felt it was quite special. Is that combining spring and fall in one meal?

We have not often had tacos lately so I got some of them too. Then Leroy wanted cinnamon rolls so that was on the agenda as well. Unfortunately I did not get them made ahead of time so spent time Easter afternoon making them. Leroy and I both missed spending time with our families. Guess we could invite someone over. Know anyone who would like asparagus for Easter dinner?

As part of our preparation for Easter we went to church each Wednesday evening in Lent as well as all service during Holy Week. With some thought and meditation, we were prepared.

Paula

No comments: