Sunday, April 14, 2013

Bike Ride


Hello,

I took my first bike ride since November. It seemed to me it should be a short ride, but Leroy just kept urging us to go farther. Oops I think I did a little of that urging at one point. Course he has been riding much of the winter. Admittedly it is only a three mile ride with a big work day rest in-between followed by three miles home. We both were too warmly dressed. How wonderful it was to be out with a few more sensibly dressed people sharing the trails. There were bikers, walkers, runners, young people and old people. I am happy that people want to get out and move.We rode a total of eight miles. I think that is quite a few for a start of the season. At least my walking does mean that I have been moving much of the time.

There were plenty of ducks on the lake and some geese. Plus there were birds in the air many small and one large one that I thought might be an egret or pelican. I realize that that does not narrow identification very much, but it is a little hard when the bird is almost flying over me when I notice it along with a racing bike that zoomed around on my right.

It was especially wonderful to see so many small children out on their bikes. I do keep a good eye on them because I am not sure what they might decide to do.

We went by two ball fields where I learned that Sunday afternoon is the time for college ball games. At least it was nice out for them. Spring is coming soon. We still have not planted anything, but it seems that when the rain stops will be the time. My winter onions are coming up around the house. I wish more had survived so I could eat a lot of them and share the rest. Maybe I will still have to share some and just hope they grow well.

Paula

No comments: