Monday, April 15, 2013

Grateful


Hello,

I am grateful for all of the new technology in our lives. Gratitude is there even when frustration sets in if something is not working the way I think it should. Usually some time down the road I or Leroy figures it out.

The phones have been a blessing. I do not have a smart cell phone, but a dumb phone. It still allows me to text if I wanted to, know the time, day, set up an alarm, use the calculator, use the calendar, call someone by saying their name (if I have that set up), check caller ID, check on calls missed, use speaker phone, as I recall if I wanted to pay to access the internet I could also do that, or call from most odd corners of the country. These are things my parents could not have dreamed of.

Back in the days when we lived across the state of Iowa from our parents we could call them from the home phone. However we did not do speak them frequently. Leroy’s parents told me they did not want to call because they did not know if we were home. I guess we were gone too much of the time. Then my parents did not call very often because it cost too much money. Consequently I remember making most of the calls to all these parents, but not often because it did indeed cost a bit of money to make a long distance call. Certainly we kept the calls short.

Now with the phone set up at home I can call anywhere in the country for free, talk as long as I might like, and still just pay a few dollars a monthly tax payment. What a blessing! I am grateful that I can keep in such contact at my whim. Then I have not even mentioned email, social networks, webcam, or Facetime. Opportunities abound. Grateful, grateful.

Paula

No comments: