Monday, April 29, 2013

Hanging out Clothes


Hello,

In spite of the prediction of rain I hung out clothes. It seems to be time to take the flannel sheets off the bed. Doing that meant I should wash the mattress pad plus a few other things that fit in the load. I also washed and hung out some things on Friday. That day I did not hang out the clothes in the morning, because I am concerned about bird poop falling on clothes. It is especially problematic when the leaves do not catch some of the poop on its way to the ground. Leroy wondered, “Why don’t you hang them out before you go shopping? They could dry while you are gone.”

“It is all true, but I have this theory that the birds will not poop on the clothes while I am home.” I told him. When I hung out clothes later in the day my theory was shown to be true.

This morning I saw a little drama between a bird and a squirrel. The squirrel was climbing up the tree even though this little brown bird, maybe a sparrow, was dive bombing it. That bird may have been a fraction of the size, but it was persistent in the attack. The squirrel noticed all of this as it dodged bill or claws but it persisted in going up the tree. When the squirrel got high enough, the bird left it alone. Sometime later I saw the bird go into a hole on the tree, no doubt a nest hole. Safety of the offspring always helps to bring out extra measures of courage and strength.

Paula

No comments: