Sunday, April 7, 2013

Happy Life


Hello,

The April calendar page by my desk has the saying, “very little is needed to make a happy life”. Right now I believe that to be true. Today has been a good day talking to friends. Surely that is part of the happy life. Leroy volunteered with college students to help clean up the neighborhood. What could be better than contributing to the good looks of the area? We have also checked out our garden space so we have some idea of what is ahead. The only downer for me was the deer tracks that meandered around the soft dirt. The man who owns the dirt talked about the nibblers that might come through. Nibblers sounds much kinder than I was thinking.

I attended the book club discussion at church; consequently I did not help clean up the neighborhood. Leroy was the lector at the earliest service. Because I did not want to go to the Sunday school class, I went to the second service so I was about right on time for the book club when that service was done. I love reading and then talking about the books.

Earlier in the week, Miriam called me about another deal for pictures. This was for 25 free photos. The hard part for me was finding 25 recent, decent photos that were worthy of printing. Miriam ended up sending me a few to pad my numbers. The hard part for me was getting those photos downloaded, cropped and into the store site. Learning, learning! But I am happy to have gotten it down. I then used two of those photos for my Facebook account. I have to confess that I almost never change FB pictures because I am just not that into it all even though it is easy, again not many good pictures around here.

Besides that, today the sun was shining and it was a lovely temperature, not too hot, not too cold. “Very little is needed to make a happy life.”

Paula

No comments: