Thursday, April 12, 2012

Working

Hello,

I worked seven hours yesterday and five today. I have to confess that I do notice that I am a bit more tired and I do not have so much time at home. I will adjust, but the night work is a trifle harder as I am really a morning person. I think I shut down after about four o’clock. This month I will not be working on Saturday. I think that is good.

Leroy notices when I am not here although tonight he went on a bike ride with some of the people from one church. I worked instead. They will also ride Sunday afternoon and I can probably join them for that ride. It would be good for me to be a little more scheduled with my exercises. I walk quite consistently, but let the rest slide.

Three loud, boisterous girls came into the library yesterday. My cohort had gone for lunch. I was not quite sure what the library policy is on such situations. This was only my second day. This morning we had a mini staff meeting about how to handle all such issues and more. Now can I do it? I hope so. Discipline is my least favorite part of teaching.

Two of those girls came back this afternoon. A different person was with me. Between the two of us we handled it, but I still would have liked them to be a bit quieter. At least most of the time there were no other people in the library and that makes it more tolerable.

Today I had a tour through inter library loan. I am starting to feel ready to get into the thick of it, but perhaps it is better to take it slow. I can see many items that need cataloging and apparently there is a steady stream of inter library loan work. Let me at it!

I will try to relax into it all as I suspect I will just get busier and busier.

Paula

No comments: