Sunday, April 22, 2012

Church and bike ride


Hello,     

Leroy and I are still discussing what church to attend. We did go to the new member gathering at the large church that is closest to us. A large church fits Leroy better than it does me. He is quite comfortable there, but I would rather go to a smaller church. However, we can walk to this church in about 20 minutes and that is a strong selling point for me. Location is more important than other issues like preaching, people, and presence. I am not sure that I like that about myself. It seems that I should have other concerns. I know that I slip into a small church with more ease of mind. However, when Leroy was at the seminary we were members of a large church and I felt quite at home there so it could happen again.

At that new member class a young man came up to us to let us know that he was there. He had been a member of the church in Ely and has just moved back to the area. It is indeed a small world.

Leroy had attended a bike ride with a group from this church. There was another ride this afternoon. We both went in spite of the chilly temp. Only three other people showed up. By some unstated manner, Leroy became the leader of the ride. We rode to the bike trail and about five miles north. It was a nice ride and I was not the slowest one.  Leroy had told me before that it was not a group that seemed bent on breaking speed records. That is my type of group. We will certainly do this again. We rode past the only urban trout stream in Iowa. Who knew there were trout streams in Iowa even in the rural areas.

The church we attended this morning has a Tai Chi group. Now there is a selling point as I was not able to find a group in the last year and I have missed that. But I still do not want to drive when I can walk.

Paula

No comments: