Friday, April 20, 2012

Shopping Trips Not Created Equal


Hello,

I am grateful that every shopping trip was not like the one last Friday. Today was a much better experience, not good enough to cause me to rate shopping highly, but good enough to take if off the worst list.

I started out by stopping at a store where, last week, I had bought a couple items on clearance and the price charged did not reflect that low amount. My money was returned. I also had something else that I wanted to buy there so it was worth the stop because in addition, I found something on clearance that I can give to my grandson. I do not often give gifts to my grandchildren, but it is nice to have something if there is a need for a gift. I am happy now that I can look for things for either sex in spite of the strong tilt to girls.

From this store I moved on a couple miles to another where I could look for picture frames. I even asked for help since there was a clerk hanging around that area. She was most helpful listening carefully as I explained my need. She commented that in the USA we have picture sizes like none of the rest of the world. She thought a floating frame might be the best solution. I had no idea there was such a thing. We will put the picture between two pieces of glass and the wall will show through as the matting. This frame, along with most others, was 60% off today making it even better. I am curious how it will look on the wall. We must plan carefully as we have paneling in much of the space and cream colored walls in the rest. I just realized this picture will look different in all places because of different wall colors. Such an adventure!

On impulse I stopped at the mall. I had not been there in the two plus months we have been in the area. The clerk at the Land’s End counter wondered if I needed help. At first I said, “I am just browsing, but then realized that she might know if they have a dress with a not to low scoop neck, cap sleeves, and covering my knees.”

She admitted that was hard to find, but she looked on line and found one that rested just on the models knees. It has a full skirt so it should not ride up to my mid thigh. There was just one dress that met the criteria, but I bought it. It will be shipped free to my house. Hopefully it will fit and look good. It was on sale plus an additional 30% off. This type of shopping is easier to handle. Never one to pass up a clearance rack I checked that out and bought a pair of $40 pants for the lowly price of $6.99. At the checkout I learned 30% came off of that price too. Wonderful!

From there I headed to the store with the kitchen cart. Do you remember that one that they could not find where I left my rain check proof in their possession? They had not called me, but I decided to just check on it. They were busy at layaway so I wandered off, wondering what time it was I looked at my phone. I had a new voice mail. Guess what? It was from this store telling me my cart was there. Layaway was still busy so I went to pick out a black purse that was 25% off. It was cheap, but that is ok with me as I do not like purses. This is the right color, black, light weight, has compartments with zippers, and a strap that I can put over my shoulder. I wanted all of these features so I will surely use it until I have to morn its passing as it falls apart.

My last stop was to drop two boxes plus a couple other items off at Goodwill. I am happy to get rid of some things that I will never have to move again.

What a great productive morning.

Paula

No comments: