Sunday, April 15, 2012

Traveling

Hello,

Leroy and I traveled to Knoxville to spend the night with friends before Leroy led the church service in the Knoxville church. It was again a blessing to see and visit with friends. I am surprised to think that we only spent one year in Knoxville as I feel quite close to some of these people. I suppose we just clicked.

Because it has been so long, Leroy confessed to being a bit nervous before the services began, but I believe that he did a fine job even appearing relaxed and happy to be there. On the way home he did say, “I miss preaching.” So he was happy. I suppose the best of both worlds would be if he could preach at least once a month and work at the library as well.

There was a strong wind blowing as we were ready to start home. Someone encouraged us by stating that it would blow us home and make for good gas mileage. When we were going north it did indeed blow us, but as we were going east most of the time we got quite a buffeting from the side. I have driven in stronger winds, but I still manage to maintain a tight grip on the steering wheel as if that would assist me any time a gust whipped past. The tall big rigs were taking the worst beating as they would often sway from side to side and occasionally run off the road. Sometimes in life a low profile is the best help for staying the course.

Leroy and I were tired by the time we got home, partly because we needed to stop for milk and spent more time looking at this and that. Leroy decided to spend time relaxing and looking at his stamp collection. Here we are working in the same room. He is working with stamps and I am on the computer visiting with you. Maybe a smaller space is nice as we are together where as in the larger houses we would have been in different rooms. There is indeed so much good in life if we just look for it. It is buried treasure to be savored and wallowed in.

Paula

No comments: