Saturday, April 21, 2012

Another Shopping Trip


Hello,

Leroy caught my excitement from shopping when he came home. He immediately took the cart out and when assembling pieces, found that a weld in one place had broken. Groans and moans could be heard in the house.

We decided to make a trip back to the store. It became a bit complicated because there was not another cart in the store so they gave my money back. It was stated that I could not get another rain check, but I believe that I will be able to buy a replacement at the same low price. I am just going to wait and see because I do not need to create a lot of cart stress.

While we were in the area we went to the Land’s End store again. Leroy found two pair of corduroy pants about which he said, “They fit me better than any pants I have owned in recent years.” One was a dark brown and one lighter. They were also for that great low price of $6.99 with 30% more off. In addition, I found a skirt and top for that price too. What a deal! So there is some positive return for all that cart problem.

While thinking of using the cart to get more things in the kitchen, I wondered about getting out my mother’s china. I have been carting it around for several years and only used it once. I am seriously considering using it for everyday. It does not go in the dishwasher, but since we have none here it is not an issue. Why should I have it in boxes for fourteen years keeping it safe? Safe for what? Or is it because my mother only used it for good? I will just get it out and enjoy it. I have been using some new flatware that I bought and only used for company. Leroy and I have both commented on how much we like having it out every day. I am not sure that any of my children would like these things as much as I do. They do not know that planning and saving that went into the purchase of the china. I remember my mother’s joy.

Paula

No comments: