Friday, April 27, 2012

Hot Guy Neighbors and others


Hello,

One night I heard a high pitched yowl outside. It cascaded up and down the scale a minute before I identified it as a couple of feisty cats. Luckily they came to a conclusion before it disturbed my sleep.

I have not met any neighbors, but Leroy met one of the young guys who lives next door. They appeared to be just a short time beyond college age. Leroy learned that his brother and a friend also live in the house.

When taking a walk I sometimes speak to people. I greeted a woman and she seemed inclined to add more. As I was listening to her a preschooler came out and looked in a bucket on the porch and announced that there were fish in there. “Fish?” I wondered, “Can I see?”

They invited me up to take a peek as an older sibling came out to inform me that they caught them at a neighboring lake. I was surprised at the size of these three fish, certainly each was enough for a meal for two.

Another windy day I was walking when I saw a woman struggling to put a tarp over furniture in her pick up. Each time she tried, the wind grabbed that tarp and whipped it back at her. When I came past it tossed it over her head. I laughed, but then turned around, apologized, and asked if I could help. She did not crake a smile, but instructed me as to how I could assist. Even with the two of us it took almost 15 minutes. In the end she said, “I suppose to someone else it probably did look funny. Thank you for helping and what is your name.”

Going back to those hot guys next door, I can tell you that they are so hot as to be unreliable for knowing what to wear. One day I looked out and saw one of them in shorts, no shirt. The conclusion I reached was that I could dress for warm weather. It did not take me long to return and put on a light jacket.

Paula

No comments: