Friday, April 13, 2012

Shopping

Hello,

I am not a shopper and it is hard work for me. It is worse than going to work. Today it was raining. I like to shop in the morning so I did not check to see if the rain would quit, it has, but headed out. I always like to get the best deal, but sometimes that is hard to achieve. For instance is this brand of toilet paper comparable to that. And even though this is a good price is it worth buying 24 roles at the marked down price when I have never used this particular one.

Then there was money back if you buy certain qualifying items. At the checkout I learned that not all of my items qualified. Should I abandon them or buy them anyway since the cost was reasonable and I did want them. The search for the items took me all over the store and now I have to make another decision. I finally just bought it all and moved to the next store.

We need a new printer cartridge which is not a cheap thing. Leroy had told me about a deal he found online at a store. I looked up the location of this store only to see it across the road from where I thought it would be. On my side of the street, I went into the competitors store to learn their price was much higher. I humbled myself to the person at the door and told them I wanted to shop at their competition, but did not know the best way to get there. It took him awhile to tell me that. It really was not so hard, but took some looping around.

At the proper store I learned that the cheapest cartridge was available only online. Shipping would be free if I bought three of them or ordered one shipped to the store. Did I want to come back to the store? Could we use three before they dried up? They also have a deal of giving a discount of $2 if you bring in the old cartridge. My cartridge was at home. I finally walked out and thought I would talk to Leroy and tackle this purchase another time. Would it have been better if I just did not care about the money and bought it at the first place of inquiry?

At another store I had a three wheeled cart rain check receipt. This cart could help create more space for us in the kitchen. Measurements indicate it will fit in front of the washer and because of the wheels be easy to move out of the way when necessary.

Last week when I was out of town they called me to say that the cart would be held for me in layaway. At layaway the clerk could not find it. Her computer also indicated there were none on the shelf. We went to look. On the way she asked first one person who thought some guy would know. We also met him and he indicated a different woman would surely know. At the shelf we could not find a cart. The knowledgeable woman was found. She checked records or whatever. My original helper came to report that three of carts were coming into the store on Monday. They kept my rain check proof slip because it had my phone number. This helpful woman assured me that they would call me and hold it for me.

Sometimes nothing is simple, but in that mode of finding the best in a situation, I did not give them any money so if I never see this cart it will just be a wash. I no longer have any proof that I tried to buy it at the sale price. The rain stopped. And I managed to find the other stores that I was looking for easily. I got home in one piece with lots of bags to carry up the stairs building up arm muscles.

Paula

No comments: