Monday, March 28, 2011

Singing Good

Hello,

The concert went off without a hitch. I thought I preformed brilliantly in spite of locking my knees and becoming dizzy. When I did not know where I was I just acted like I knew what was going on. I guess I pulled it off anyway. I felt quite nervous after that. I have never done that in a performance, but I have heard of people actually passing out. I blame it all on my new never before worn in public shoes. They are earth shoes with the heel a bit lower than the rest of the foot bed. I am wondering if that threw off my stance enough that I locked my knees without really realizing it at first. Any way I hung in there and even did fine in some places. There was one song where I got off, counting has never been my strong point, and I am not sure that I was really with my little group of two others for the rest of the time. We did not stand together, but were mixed up for the entire concert. One woman I do not think I ever heard and the other was only available to my ears from time to time. There was one song where I clearly heard them for a measure as the second sopranos and the tenors started the piece.

It was nice to have several people tell me that they enjoyed singing with me. The man who will be the director next year told me that I should consider joining them for the fall concert if we are in town until the end of October. I took that as a compliment even though he did not stand next to me.

On the way home from the concert we saw the new lift type railroad bridge settle back down after a boat went under it. I was hoping to see it work before we left town, but did not necessarily expect too as it would not be on a schedule that I know. Plus I do not spend much time in that part of town.

Tomorrow I will head out to Utah to see those children out there. Four year old Olivia called this morning to tell me that she is excited that I will come. Fun to have someone excited to see me.

Paula

No comments: