Thursday, March 10, 2011

Shoes

Hello,

I am looking for a pair of black dress flats. It seems to me that should be an easy task. It is easy to find the shoes, but any that fit me? None so far have been perfect.

Last fall I had a store in town order some in my size, but I did not buy them because of the tightness. Just recently I went cheap and bought from a store where I have had good luck before. I even got two pair with the deal of buy one get the second half off. After wearing them around the house for a couple days I took them back. One was a size 11. I had gotten some things to put in the heels to help them stay on. I did not pull off the sticky stuff, but just rested the inserts in there. I still walked out of the shoes. The other pair was a size 10. It was a clog type. Unfortunately it was really too small I learned after a few turns around the room. Shoe stores and manufacturers do not believe that women have a size 10.5 foot; consequently there are none of that size in stores, or rather only in the most expensive stores.

While I was in MN visiting Logan and the rest of his family, I went to my favorite shoe store there. In their back sale room they had a black pair of flats that has two straps. It was listed as a size 11, but made in Germany so it is a 42 and according to the box that translates to 10.5. The sole in it is rather different. I noticed the lumps in it in different places. I am wearing them in the house. The other day I wore them for two hours before I started to feel any pain in my problem left foot. The right has adjusted to the lumps and feels fine. Now today I have gone over two hours without pain, but a sense of pressure. Maybe it will be ok. I did email the company to learn how long I could keep them before sending them back. They told me they like returns in 30 days, but will extend it a little. These shoes cost more than I have ever before spent on shoes. It is shocking to my system. But then so is the price of gas and I will get over that too.

I talk about having custom made shoes. Is there such a thing in the US?

Paula

No comments: