Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Spending Money

Hello,

I keep track of all the money we spend and have done this for years. I am not sure why, but we have spent more money on clothes than we have in a long time. I wonder if part of it is that we live closer to clothing stores and we get their ads. Are we drawn in by those claims of “never on sale for less”? It seems that each week there are at least two ads maybe three from one store. They all try to catch our eye with sales that only last for a few hours. Those hours are often early and or late in the day. It all makes me tired, but I keep looking at the ads. I am just a sucker for the bright colors I guess. It was easier when we lived in Chariton and did not get all the ads because we were too far away. Then we lived in blissful ignorance. The down side was that when I needed something I did not always know where to go. That is who might have a sale because I never want to pay full price.

I still have money from Nike for the return of my leaky boots. I got that last year. I waited in vain for a good looking pair of boots to be offered on their web site as that is the only place I can spend my voucher. Now I am ready to spend, but am hesitant to buy any shoes on line as they often do not fit me. I do not really need any of the clothes, but perhaps I will give the bulk of this to Leroy. He has been looking for some more shoes. The best thing would be if we could find the same style at a store here and then he could try them on, thus coming closer to the needed size.

Leroy is also spending money on his bike. He got a rack so that he can haul things when he goes around town. Our old bags do not fit on any of the new racks so he has had to get new bags. Sort of like painting a room and then you have to buy a new couch. But as he pointed out the old bags are almost 20 years old. Does that mean we have gotten the full value from them? I will still be using those old bags. Now Leroy can help bring home books from the library when we go there. Last fall I had to drag all of the weight up the hill. Surely that made me stronger so it was really a blessing. Is that Pollyannaish or what?

Paula

No comments: