Friday, March 25, 2011

Check List

Hello,

I am a great list maker. I get such satisfaction checking off some completed job.

Today for instance I could check off, returned books to the library, mailed shoes back to the store, bought groceries, and stopped at the drug store. Some times I also put on there washing dishes, making the bed, and making a meal. Those items generally only make the list when the list is short. However, even if not on the list they done 90% of the time.

Another benefit of a list is that helps me focus on the necessary with the chance to prioritize so that things that can be put off to another time are relegated to the end of the list for safety’s sake.

Leroy also makes list, but not as frequently as I do. He is not as likely to make a To Do list, but a list of things to buy or take to an event. I do not make those lists so often. Amazing how we can operate so differently and still mange to get through life with some ease.

Leroy made a big list of things to organize because tonight is his first lock-in here. It is with the confirmation students. There are a number of them so he said he is a little nervous about getting it to flow in good order. He does work with the pastor of another church and their students. There will also be parents helping. Generally the kids like these things as it is a chance to be away from home.

I get the entire bed by myself. Will I sprawl out and take up more space? I doubt it as I have trained my body to sleep in the narrow strip left in this full sized bed. If I encroach on Leroy’s side of the bed he does not kick me, as my sister did when we were growing up. I do miss the twin sized beds that we had in Slovakia. We were actually sleeping in a king sized bed. What luxury! It felt restrictive to again sleep in a full sized bed. But I have to say that I do not think Leroy found it so. He seems a bit mystified when I mention such a thing.

Paula

No comments: