Friday, March 18, 2011

Found

Hello,

This morning Leroy and I were cleaning in anticipation of Open House/Fastnacht on Sunday. Behind the refrigerator, Leroy found another light switch for the kitchen. We have only been walking across this room in the dark, or else turning on the light and walking back to turn off the other for six months. Now we can turn it off at either end of the room. What a discovery. Cleaning is good for something.

This afternoon we went to the library. I wanted to make a stop at a store on the way home. As we were traveling to that store we almost went past “the” shoe store. “Why don’t we stop so I can see what is there. Maybe I will see something different.” I said.

Would you believe that, on the clearance rack, I found a pair of almost dressy black flats that I believe feels very comfortable even if they are a bit large at size 11 instead of the illusive 10.5. Their redeeming grace is that they have an adjustable strap attached by Velcro giving me an infinite set of possible placements of ways to make sure it stays on my foot. Leroy and the clerk both thought they looked big on me but they did not fall off my foot when I walked. One of the other pair had a strap too, but it had a buckle. Then it was impossible to find just the exact spot that I needed. Indeed this unacceptable pair had a second non adjustable strap that did not even touch my foot. I suppose these shoes have a more fleshy rather than boney foot in mind.

I am so happy because at least in the store these shoes felt good. They are Earth shoes. Now doesn’t that bring to mind style? Can you see them with a formal dress? Good thing that choir dress is long enough to touch and hide a bit of my foot.

My one anxious thought is about sending back the shoes I bought in MN. I hate to do that because I do not want to fool with it or spend the money. Instead I would rather berate myself for not leaving them at Brian’s house, but I think there is no way they will indeed give me the comfort that is in their name.

Paula

No comments: