Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Walking in the Dark

Hello,

Because of daylight saving time, Leroy and I are once again walking in the dark through the park. I am grateful for the sidewalks there that are even and smooth so I do not need to worry about tripping on the seam in the dark surface.

“Oh look,” I whispered as I grabbed Leroy’s sleeve.

Then he too saw the three shapes moving across the sidewalk ahead of us. In a little bit two more deer stepped into our line of vision as we stopped and watched. When we slowly started up again all but one deer slunk off into the trees. That remaining deer stayed even though we passed about five feet from it. It certainly watched us, but it did not dart away.

Maybe there are more pluses to the time change than I realized. After all we probably would not have seen these animals later when it was light.

I have a dress for the March 27 choir concert. It was found at the cleaners. Now to make a good solid plan for getting it back to the people who so generously loan it to me. I think they are a bit concerned about return as they think that is how they lost the second dress.

I tried this size 8 on. It fits well in the body, but has rather small arm holes or my arms are large. It is sleeveless and the accompanying jacket is also a little tight in the sleeves. People in the choir were afraid it would not be long enough for me, but it touches the top of my feet. I consider that long enough, any more and tripping danger would be serious.

What to give them for this help? I know that I will pay for the dress and jacket to be cleaned, but what else? That will take some thought.

Paula

No comments: